Only the top 3 schools from each heat will be awarded points
1st place = 11 Pts
2nd place = 8 Pts
3rd Place = 6 Pts
- A team of 5 males and 5 females (alternating male and female) will line up facing the back of each teammate. The team must pass a rubber kickball from one end of the field to the other by either passing the ball over their head or under their legs, alternating with each person (the first person must start passing the ball over their head, the second person passes the ball under their legs, the third passes the ball over their head, and so on).
- The game is complete when the ball has traveled completely across the field and all players have passed the finish line. Once the entire team is seated, the corresponding referee will raise his or herhand to signal the completion of the team’s relay.
- Must use a ball with a circumference of 26 inches.
- Once players have reset themselves and have planted their feet, they MUST keep their feet PLANTED and are not allowed to move until the ball has released their hands.
- Similar to Thread the Needle, if the ball falls to the ground, then it must be taken to the front of the line. Two players in front of the person who dropped the ball must reset, and start again where they are.
- Once the whole team has crossed the finish line and all players are seated, the team is then considered finished.
Violating any of the following rules will result in a warning:
- Teams must follow the “over under” rule.
- Teams must not throw or toss the ball.
- Ball cannot scrape the ground
- Feet must not move after being planted.