Only the top 3 schools from each heat will be awarded points
1st Place = 10 pts
2nd Place = 7 pts
3rd Place = 5 pts
- The game begins with 5 females on one side of the playing field and 5 males on the other side. The team of 10 will relay from one side of the field to the other delivering a PVC pipe between his or her legs without the use of their hands. The male passes to female and so forth. Only the 1st person may use his or her hands to place the baton into position between their legs. Once the game begins, hands may only be used to pick up a baton if it’s dropped. Once the last person on the team delivers their team’s baton, that team is finished and must sit down. At that time, the corresponding referee will raise his or her hand.
- If a player drops the baton during or on the way to the exchange, he or she must return to his or her initial starting point.
- If a player touches the baton with their hands, he or she must return to his or her initial starting point.
- No hands can be used. Think of other ways to exchange the baton.
- Player must cross the line before transferring the baton.